Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wednesday 16th March

Not a good day today. First day in work this week and it was tough. Been very tired all day and back is still painful but added to that has been loads of work with a deadline of tomorrow and all the stuff I thought was finished yesterday has yet more corrections to be done! Also had more work for another department that needed doing by today but the engineer who's work needs doing by tomorrow has been nagging at me all day to do his stuff first. It's really stressful when they get at me like that, I only have 1 pair of hands and am working as fast as I can, keeping on at me is not going to get it done any sooner. They have no concept of the time it takes to do the stuff and then they disappear at 4:30pm and expect me to stay and finish everything. Well it's not finished so I dare say there will be more nagging and pestering tomorrow too! And I'm supposed to be avoiding stress!

Been very depressed today too for no real reason, just feel down.

Picked up the letter for work from the doctors yesterday. Showed it to our staff council rep today and he says I need to write an accompanying letter with it and send a copy of each to my manager and HR. So I have written the letter and he is going to check it and let me know if I need to add anything. If he says it's okay then I guess I send it tomorrow. Then wait for the shit to hit the fan! At least I have a lot more facts this time and know they can't treat me the way they did when I put the business case in not to have to move offices with the rest of them. At that time they were totally dismissive of my health problems with depression and irritable bowel and the fact that the health problems would get worse with the extra travel and having to get up so much earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment