Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wednesday 22nd March

Felt awful this morning. Left wrist had gone funny. Sore but also kind of numb all the way into my hand and wrist felt like there was something really tight and hard gripping it, like a vice, so it cuts off the circulation and can't move properly. Also had trembles all over while I was on the station waiting for my second train. Not a good feeling when facing a whole day at work on a computer!

Gave my Line Manager the letter from the doc. and my accompanying letter and the Fibro booklet from the Rheumy on Thursday, with a copy to HR. Haven't heard a single thing back from them. I know my line manager needs to talk it over with HR and stuff but a little acknowledgement, an e-mail saying "thanks for the letter, we will get back to you", or similar would be nice. I find it so ignorant that they are just ignoring it. Shows how much they care about their employees!

Have been having a rough time so far this week. Took my first dose of Amitriptyline on Saturday evening. Took 0.5ml (which is equivalent to 2.5mg, quarter of a 10mg tablet which is what my dose is supposed to be) with my tea around 8:30pm. Didn't make me tired in the slightest then. Stayed up until almost midnight doing things on the computer. By this time my eyes had started to go fuzzy and I felt dizzy but I didn't feel tired. But on Sunday I slept until 11am and then still felt out of sorts the rest of the day; very, very tired - much more than normal - and grouchy because of it. Then in the late afternoon I started to get stomach cramps and they carried on most of Monday too. Still not feeling right today, which is days since I took the stuff.

Living with Long Term Conditions course yesterday. Plans for the Buxton/Chapel-en-le-Frith/Whaley Bridge Fibromyalgia support group are progressing nicely. Really helpful to have people to talk to. May be able to get mobility benefit and Disability Tax Credits which would be great. It would mean I might be able to cut my working hours a bit if I feel I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment