Thursday 21 April 2011

Thursday 21st April - Running for the train again

I had to run for the train again this morning and had to knock on the door to get the guard to open the doors again to let me on. At least I caught it but I really MUST NOT do this again. My chest and throat were in such pain (let alone my knees and ankle etc.) and I could taste blood, I'm sure that's not a good thing! I'm so tired in the mornings though and find it so difficult to wake up and get up. I seem to wake at about 4am then can't get back to sleep for at least an hour, then the alarm goes off at 5:30am and I can't surface because I have only just gone back to sleep. My throat is really sore now (lunchtime) and the whole of my neck seems to be hurting as though my glands are up, haven't tried eating yet but I'm not looking forward to it! Hips are also aching.

My chair arrived at work yesterday, and a new foot rest that is easily adjustable. We are waiting for a headrest for the chair as that wasn't ordered, so that should arrive after Easter. It is a great chair, fully adjustable with a pump up lumbar support and a tilting mechanism so I can lean back if I want, although I'm not really heavy enough to tip it I have found. The arms are nice and short so I can get close to the desk too. The maddening thing is that apparently this is the chair that they were advised to order for me about a year ago when I complained about having some back pain, instead they just bought me a lumbar support cushion! And now of course things have got worse. I will never know if a lot of my pain and other problems could have been prevented by this and by not forcing me to move offices when I asked them not to due to my health. It is quite obvious to me now that the Fibro has been there waiting in the wings for many years, I have had the fatigue and the IBS since I was working in the Reading office (so about 8 years) but would the whole Fibro have come out if it wasn't for the stress and mistreatment I have received in the last 6-8 months thanks to my employers? I will never have the luxury of knowing. I wouldn't have crashed my car if I hadn't been so tired and distracted by worry about having to move offices, that much I do know, so maybe if that hadn't happened I would not have Fibro now.

No comments:

Post a Comment